Volunteer Positions and Responsibilities
* General all hands meeting to start. Prayer before dinner is served.
* Will delegate position assignments.
* Any questions will be fielded by the lead.
* Will document any issues, altercations, disturbances in the log and or notify or by phone if necessary Jay sharp 571-277-0728 or Janice Gregor 571-239-1793
* Will be point person to handle any issues, altercations, disturbances and determine if the police need to be called.
* Will determine early release of volunteers as dictated by need.
* If a person is found unconscious call 911
* Contact Ann Whirts via email email@example.com or phone 571-275-1594 either after dinner or in the morning to let her know the food status. How many people ate, how much leftovers are there.
Bus: one person to be on the bus during pick up and or drop off.
One or two Greeters:
* Two will be assigned to the door for bag and container inspection, one will Greet and log clients in as they enter, taking notice of general condition of the clients do they smell of marijuana, alcohol are they staggering or swaying.
* Preparing coffee & drink section
* Dinner should be delivered hot around 6:30 p.m., food for breakfast will either be delivered around 6:00 a.m. or consist of frozen breakfast sandwiches which will be delivered with dinner
* Check if micro is clean, prepare designated area for distribution
* Check trash receptacles, have clean up items ready
General setup monitors:
* Make sure all designated areas are unlocked
* Monitor and/ or help in cot set up and take down
* Ready TV and DVD player
* See that shower towels and cleaning products are prepared.
* (TBD) laundry area is prepared.
Shower chaperones Man & woman: all clients wishing to use the shower facilities need to have a chaperone
Shelter observation: All volunteers are asked throughout their shift please be on the lookout for trash, for smell of marijuana, alcohol or weapons of any kind. Possible tension between individuals, if you notice any of these signs please bring it to the attention of the lead.
Any issues, altercations, disturbances need to be reported to team lead